Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Peru - Celebrating in Cusco!

Celebrating in Cusco with a nice pudding!
IMG_8979

Celebrating in Cusco!
IMG_8980

Celebrating in Cusco!
IMG_8981

The train and bus journey from Machu Picchu back to Cusco was amazing but I was still on cloud nine and was really looking forward to a glass of Champagne after a hot shower to celebrate completing the 3 day Lares trek and climbing Waynapicchu.
Rowan and Jani got engaged at the top of Machu Picchu so we were triple celebrating!

We went to a funky resturant the fallen angel and had great food! They did not have champagne so we had very sweet cocktails instead! And great chocolate strawberry desert for pudding!

WEDNESDAY

We had a free day to shop in Cusco, chill, see a few sites and relax. The others tried Guinea Pig but I really could not eat a Guinea Pig as I used to have one as a pet. Also my neice Amethyst would not approve as she has a pet rabbit. They are a delicacy in Peru but I stuck to my steak!

I had my cut and hair coloured in Cusco. After a good few weeks being on holiday it needed a cut and the white bits coloured. Not as many white bits as I thourght. Cecilia our guide is from Cusco so we went to her hairdressers. Was not sure whether to go red, a darker brown or copper. Ended up chosing a redish colour than I usually have and it turned out all okay which was a bit of a relief! :-)

Anyone for Guinea Pig?
IMG_8711

Next stop an early start to the jungle.

When you travel on long bus journeys there is time to think about things. I was going to try and practice some Spanish as my Spanish is still very basic. But looked more at the views, slept and chatted.

So I am on this great trip with lovely people. But at the end of the day I am still alone. I have not found that special man that I want to marry and settle down with and have children. I hope I do this year as am getting on a bit. If you know anyone that you think would be good for me, then I am open for dates when I get back sometime in November. :-) x

No comments: