Thursday, June 12, 2008

Flight CO1730 - Newark New York to Cancun in Mexico

It´s early. I am getting the 9.10am American flight no: CO 1730 from Newark New York to Cancun in Mexico. I arrive with plenty of time.

PHILIPPA - You will be pleased I have not missed a flight since missing a flight to Italy last November. Luckily I could get another flight to Milan and meet Philippa at the airport for our hols with Lisa at Lake Como.

I am staring at the departure screen. I have a rather heavy racksack on my back. Well this is it. I am off all by myself. My friends I arrived with in NY have gone back home or are in another state continuing their holiday. Hmmm was that bad storm the other day a warning that my trip could be dangerous. I scan the departures screen ... there is a flight straight to London Heathrow. Should I change my flight and go home? Well if I get into trouble I can get a flight straight home. Flip this really is it! I am not on a 3 week vacation. Actually I am not even on a vacation as I left my job. I am free ... better check in and go and get some breakfast and buy some bottles of water for the flight.

The flight was packed. I sat next to a very nice American lady - Milly, on hols with her husband and a group of friends. We aranged to meet up and go snorkling on Saturday. So that was good. Travelling by yourself is not too bad and most of you know I talk to strangers.

No comments: